This week on the Down the Garden Path podcast, we’ve reached the end of our month-long discussion about perennials! Each week in June, we discussed a variety of perennial-related topics. We covered caring for your perennials, new perennials for 2020, peonies and ornamental grasses. And in this episode, we finish off with a discussion about perennials that attract beneficial insects.
Tune into this week’s podcast as we discuss perennials that attract beneficial insects.
Here are some of the topics we cover this week:
- It’s about more than just bees! What are beneficial or predatory insects?
- The different types of beneficial insects and the plants you can grow to attract them.
- Discover tips and tricks for attracting beneficial insects.
- Learn more about biodiversity, natives, groupings, water source, minor infestations, mulches, pesticides and artificial attractants.
- And finally, what perennial should you plant to attract beneficials.
Tune into the Down The Garden Path podcast in July as we shift our focus from perennials to growing deciduous and evergreen shrubs.
- 6th: Native Shrubs
- 13th: Evergreen Shrubs
- 20th: New Shrubs for 2020
- 27th: Pruning Shrubs
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade.
And Matthew Dressing is a horticulturist and landscape designer. He owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!