This month on Down The Garden Path, we’re talking all about lawn alternatives. When it comes to our lawns, we’re all a bit fanatical. So, this month we’re going discuss what it takes to get a beautiful lawn. From lawn care 101, to artificial turf, pest and diseases, and everything in between, we’ve got the tips and tricks to get you growing a green oasis that’ll make you the talk of the neighbourhood.
Tune into this week’s podcast to learn more about lawn alternatives.
- What are lawn alternatives?
- Some of the benefits of lawn alternatives such as no grass to mow or water, fewer grubs and Japanese beetles and lower maintenance once established.
- The disadvantages of lawn alternatives.
- Alternative lawn solutions: clover lawns, ground cover for smaller lawns, turning lawn into garden.
- What is an Eco-Lawn? Visit www.wildflowerfarm.com.
Join us in May for our “Gardening Beyond the Basics” themed podcasts:
- 4th – Strawbale Gardening
- 11th – Creating a Low-Maintenance Garden
Each week on Down The Garden Path, professional landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing discuss down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and landscapes. We do our best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Remember to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe.