A new month begins a new topic here on Down the Garden Path. This month, we’re speaking with gardening authors about their interesting and informative books. In this episode, we head to our bookshelves to take a closer look at Growing Figs in Cold Climates: 150 of Your Questions Answered by author and fellow radio personality, Steven Biggs.
Steven Biggs is a food gardener, horticulturist, college instructor, and an award-winning writer who pigs out on homegrown figs in Toronto. He is the host of The Food Garden Life radio show and podcast. His articles have appeared in many magazines, including Garden Making, Country Guide, Trellis, Today’s Parent, Edible Toronto, and Small Farm Canada.
Steven joined us in August 2019 to discuss his book Grow Lemons Where You Think You Can’t.
Tune into this week’s podcast to learn more about growing figs in cold climates with our guest, author Steven Biggs.
Join us as we ask Steven:
- What inspired you to follow up your book Grow Figs Where You Think You Can’t with Growing Figs in Cold Climates?
- What inspired the unique layout of your new book?
- What’s the most surprising thing you learned from the gardeners who asked the questions in your book?
- What other books have you written?
You can find Steven Biggs online at www.stevenbiggs.ca and on social media:
- Facebook: @foodgardenlife
- Instagram: @foodgardenlife
- Twitter: @foodgardenlife
- You can find his daughter Emma Biggs at www.emmabiggs.ca.
Join us in November for more conversations with gardening authors:
- 9th: Lisa Eldred Steinkopf, author of Houseplant Party: Fun Projects and Growing Tips for Epic Indoor Plants
- 23rd: Daryl Beyers, author of The New Gardener’s Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Grow a Beautiful Garden
- 30th: Solar Power with Ray Jarvis of Solar Direct Canada
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade.
And Matthew Dressing is a horticulturist and landscape designer. He owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!