This month on Down the Garden Path, we’re talking all about perennials! From caring for your perennials and new perennials for 2020, to peonies and ornamental grasses, this month we’ll have you growing back for more. On this week’s show, we continue our month-long perennial discussion with a trip into the world of peonies.
Tune into this week’s podcast as we discuss:
- The different types of peonies: garden, tree and Itoh
- Learn how to care for each (placement, planting, watering, deadheading, dividing)
- The notable varieties of garden, tree and Itoh peonies
- Types of peony flowers: single, Japanese, anemone, semi-double (chrysanthemum and rose types), double (hydrangea globular, golden circle), double-bomb type
- Peonies bloom from late spring through early summer: discover how you can extend that period by planting various timed cultivars
- Issues keeping your peonies from flowering
- Virtual Peony Festival
Join us in June for our “Perennial” themed podcasts.
- 15th: Groundcovers as Mulch
- 22nd: Ornamental Grasses
- 29th: Unique Pollinator Plants/Attracting Beneficials
Each week on Down The Garden Path, professional landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing discuss down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and landscapes. We do our best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Remember to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe.