This month on the Down the Garden Path podcast, we are talking all about perennials! From caring for your perennials and new perennials for 2020, to peonies and ornamental grasses. This month, we’ll have you growing back for more! In this week’s episode of the Down the Garden Path podcast, we continue our month-long perennial theme with a discussion about ornamental grasses.
Tune into this week’s podcast as we discuss perennial ornamental grasses.
Here are some of the topics we cover this week:
- The difference between cool season and warm season and what it means for your perennials
- How to care for ornamental grasses during the cool season
- Some examples of cool-season ornamental grasses
- Joanne and Matt’s favourite cool-season ornamental grasses
- How to care for ornamental grasses during the warm season
- Some examples of warm-season ornamental grasses
- Joanne and Matt’s favourite warm-season ornamental grasses
- Some key ornamental grasses to avoid
Join us next Monday as we close off our perennial-themed podcasts with more helpful tips on growing and caring for your perennials. Next up:
- June 29th: Unique Pollinator Plants/Attracting Beneficials
Each week on Down The Garden Path, professional landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing discuss down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and landscapes. As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade.
A horticulturist and landscape designer, Mattthew Dressing owns Natural Affinity Garden Design. Natural Affinity is a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!