As we move through the month of October, we continue our adventure into waters many dare not tread: climate change and our environmental impact. From what climate change is and what we can do to help slow it down, to gardening in ever-changing climatic conditions, we dare venture where many fear to go. In this episode of Down the Garden Path, we continue our environmental impact conversation with ideas to help us around the house.
Tune into this week’s podcast for a discussion on ways we can positively impact the environment with ideas around the house.
Some topics we cover in this week’s podcast:
- Waste reduction week in Canada
- Recycling your e-waste: find out where by visiting www.recyclemyelectronics.ca
- Solar power for homes
- Reducing plastic use
- Purchasing more local products from your city or even country
- Using services like Freecycle, secondhand shops, upcycling
- TerraCycling (Nespresso, coffee pods, cosmetics)
- The importance of recycling running shoes. (Nike will recycle their shoes. The Running Room will take old running shoes back for recycling and donations can be made to Shoe4Africa)
- EOS recycling programs
Stay tuned for our last environmental impact episode in October:
October 26th: Climate Reality Project and Gardening in the Era of Climate Change with Deborah Pearson
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade.
And Matthew Dressing is a horticulturist and landscape designer. He owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!