Oh, the weather outside! Snow came early to southern Ontario last week and put an abrupt end to many of our gardening chores.
Each week on Down the Garden Path, professional landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing discuss down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and landscapes. We do our best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Here are some of the topics Joanne and Matthew tackle in “Oh, the Weather Outside,” this week’s episode of Down the Garden Path:
- With the sudden change in weather, what do I still have to do in my garden?
- The snow is covering leaves on my lawn. Should I be worried?
- The leaves haven’t fallen off my tree yet and there’s snow. What does it mean?
- How can I protect the evergreens that I haven’t wrapped?
- Is it too late to apply a dormant spray to any of my trees?
- What should I look for now that I brought in all my houseplants?
- Is it too early to put out my Christmas urns and wreaths?
- How do I get my winter planters ready for the year?
- Do I have time to plant the trees/shrubs/perennials that I haven’t yet?
- How do I overwinter plants I haven’t planted yet?
Thanks for joining us here! Remember to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe.