with Aquatech Irrigation Systems’ Paul Kostka
This week on Down The Garden Path, we speak with Aquatech Irrigation Systems’ Paul Kostka about lighting and irrigation.
Paul Kostka has worked in the irrigation business for 18 years with Aquatech Irrigation Systems. And for the past nine years, he has specialized in landscape lighting with the creation of the lighting branch of the company, Lightech.
Join us this week for our conversation about lighting and irrigation with Paul Kostka of Aquatech Irrigation Systems.
Paul answers our questions and tells us about the work he does:
- Tell us more about your time at Aquatech Irrigation.
- What are the different types of lighting systems you install?
- We discuss “low-voltage lighting.” (The energy efficiency, and bulb longevity.)
- What should homeowners consider before when choosing landscape lighting?
- What are the benefits of installing landscape lighting?
- How easy is it to install? What does it take to have a properly set up system?
- What is the difference between DIY light kits/box store lights and a professionally installed system?
- Can you install it in an existing landscape? How much disruption does it cause?
- In a brand-new install with a brand-new landscape, when is the best time for you to get involved? At the design stage or after everything is installed? Installing irrigation at the same time?
- Is there an estimate based on the size of the back yard how many lights you should have?
- Can you speak to the low maintenance features? How you control lights, and timing, can you change to Christmas lights? Do you offer maintenance packages?
About Your Hosts
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade.
And Matthew Dressing is a horticulturist and landscape designer. He owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!