With a new month, comes a new topic on Down the Garden Path. This month we’re talking all about perennials! From caring for your perennials and new perennials for 2020, to peonies and ornamental grasses, this month we’ll have you growing back for more. So, tonight, we begin our month-long perennial discussion with an intro to perennials, their care and what’s new for 2020.
Tune into this week’s podcast as we begin with an intro to perennials:
- An introduction to 2020 perennials
- What are perennials and the best ways to care for them
- Dancing Queen, the 2020 Hosta of the Year
- Perennial Plant Association’s pick for Perennial of the Year: Aralia cordata ‘Sun King’
- Proven Winners’ pick for Perennial of the Year: Denim ‘n Lace Russian Sage
- Matt’s favourite perennial: Toad Lily
- Joanne’s favourite perennials: Catmint, Rozanne Geranium, Caradonna Salvia
Join us in June for our “Perennial” themed podcasts.
- 8th: Peonies
- 15th: Groundcovers as Mulch
- 22nd: Ornamental Grasses
- 29th: Unique Pollinator Plants/Attracting Beneficials
Each week on Down The Garden Path, professional landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing discuss down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and landscapes. We do our best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Remember to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe.