This month on Down The Garden Path, we’re exploring “Gardening Beyond the Basics.” In this episode, we continue our month-long discussion about how to take your gardening to the next level with unique container gardens. We hope you were able to join us last week as we explored the key elements involved in low-maintenance gardening.
Tune into this week’s podcast to learn more about unique container gardens.
Some of the topics we discuss:
- The kind of soil for container gardening.
- The benefits of using compost in your containers.
- How to choose the right container size.
- The use of hanging baskets for an instant wow-factor.
- The difference between thriller, filler and spiller.
- Trees, shrubs and perennials: thinking beyond annuals for your containers.
- Designing with groups of containers.
- Creating a water garden in a container.
Join us in May for more “Gardening Beyond the Basics” themed podcasts:
18th – Straw Bale Gardening
Each week on Down The Garden Path, professional landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing discuss down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and landscapes. We do our best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Remember to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe.