In this episode of Down the Garden Path, landscape designers Matthew Dressing and Joanne Shaw continue their month-long discussion on flowering trees with a look at some of the popular flowering species of dogwood.
Tune in to learn more about how to successfully include dogwoods in your garden.
Joanne and Matt discuss:
- Where does the term ‘dogwood’ come from?
- Common species, their popular cultivars, and growing conditions of the dogwoods found in garden centres (soil, temperature, zones, lighting and watering)
- Is the fruit that appears on dogwoods edible?
- When do dogwoods need to be pruned?
- How do you propagate dogwoods?
- What are some of the plants they combine well within the landscape?
Past tree-related episodes:
August 23rd: Large Flowering Trees
August 30th: Your Questions, Our Answers
About Your Hosts
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade.
And Matthew Dressing is a horticulturist and landscape designer. He owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!