This week on the Down the Garden Path podcast, landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing wrap up May’s focus on wonderful landscape shrubs with an “Ask Us Anything!” episode — and an exciting announcement!
Tune in to hear Joanne and Matt respond to listener questions.
Some of the questions listeners asked:
- Is full sun considered to be 6 or 8 hours?
- What is the best way to naturally get rid of weeds in the grass?
- Is mulch the same as compost?
- What is the best way to raise pH levels in my garden soil?
- Can you please again review what the numbers on fertilizer bags mean? And what are the maximum fertilizer numbers that I can use for new grass seed?
Joanne and Matt also announce that their book, Down the Garden Path: A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Ontario Garden, is now available on Amazon.
In Down the Garden Path: A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Ontario Garden, landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing distill their horticultural and design expertise and their combined experiences in helping others create and maintain thriving gardens into one easy-to-read monthly reference guide.
Packed with timely seasonal tips for each month to help you create the low-maintenance garden of your dreams, Joanne and Matthew take the guesswork out of what to do and when to do it. You’ll get valuable information on a variety of topics they address each week in their Down the Garden Path podcast:
- How to grow a robust green lawn year-round.
- When to start seeds indoors and hardening-off young plants.
- Tips for choosing and caring for upright cedars.
- How and when to prune to get the most out of your plants.
- And much more.
Down the Garden Path: A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Ontario Garden is your roadmap to creating and maintaining a low-maintenance, sustainable garden, and Joanne and Matthew want to help you make it happen.
They’re throwing a launch party!
Join Joanne and Matt as they simulcast live on Facebook and realityradio101.com to celebrate the release of their new book. You can win a copy of the book or some Down the Garden Path Podcast swag!
When: Monday, June 6th at 7 pm ET
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade.
And Matthew Dressing is a horticulturist and landscape designer. He owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!